We are excited to let you all know about a new, innovative, gold-standard collar which we now have in stock. This is the first flea and tick treatment which lasts for a full 8 months against fleas in dogs and cats and 4 months control of all ticks in dogs.
How does Seresto work?
- Active ingredients are integrated into Seresto’s innovative polymer matrix.
- Low doses of these actives are released from the matrix over time and migrate into the lipid (fatty/oily) layer of your pet’s skin and hair.
- Actives are not significantly absorbed through the skin, but remain within the naturally water-resistant, lipid layer of the skin and hair – so your dog can still enjoy the water
- The actives in the skin and hair of your pet kill fleas and ticks on contact therefore not relying on them having to bite your pet.
- The hair and dead skin that your pet sheds naturally each day contain small amounts of actives, enough to kill flea larvae that may live in your pet’s surroundings
Seresto is also water-resistant and odourless
You don’t need to remove Seresto when you give your pet a bath or if they get wet. This is because:
- the formulation shields actives from unwanted release and washing off
- actives localise within the lipid layer of your pet’s skin and coat, which minimises their loss with wetting
If some of the actives are lost, with frequent shampooing or water immersion, the collar will quickly replenish levels in your pet’s skin and coat.
Please call in anytime to purchase one of these collars or to ask our friendly and knowledgeable staff about this great new product.